The Aussie Chicken Tractor is a high-quality, steel mobile chicken coop with included fox-proof floor - flat-packed and ready for easy transport.
Designed as a free-range coop to keep your chickens safe from preditors at night while letting them run free-range during the day, the Aussie Chicken Tractor features an easy-move design for quick relocation in your yard.
Shipping and Pick Up
Pick Up: Free pick up available at 220+ stockists.
Delivery: $99 Flat-rate delivery, ships in 1-2 days.
*** Please note there may be delays due to Covid ***
Enter your postcode below to show all delivery and pick up options for your location or see all stockists.
Aussie Chicken Tractors are Available At
About Aussie Chicken Tractors
Mobile Chicken Coop Design
Easy-move wheels and trolley allow for easy relocation of your chicken tractor - simply lower the side wheels and drag the unit to its new location.
Raise the wheels to sit the unit flat on the ground to keep your chickens in and predators out.
Free-Range by Day, Safe at Night
Aussie Chicken Tractors are designed to keep your chickens safe from foxes and other predators at night, while letting them roam free in your yard during the day.
Open the door in the morning, move you tractor to a new location if necessary, then lock your chickens safely away at night.
Fox-Proof Mesh Floor Included
Solid fox-proof 100mm x 100mm x 4mm galvanised mesh floor included with all Chicken Tractors.
$99 Delivery or FREE Pick Up
Pick up your chicken tractor from one of over 200 stockists across Australia or have it delivered to your door for $99!
Search for your nearest FREE pick up location on our stockists page.
- Galvanised steel 20mm x 20mm SHS frame
- Heavy duty 12mm x 12mm x 1.1mm galvanised mesh, secured by a galvanised channel edge (extra-strong mesh with no sharp edges).
- High quality nylon-composite wheels with 35mm double-shielded 8-ball bearings
- Bolt-together modular design ensures structural integrity and durability
- Assembled unit is strong and light enough for easy manoeuvring
Flat-Packed for Easy Transport
Shipped to your door for $99 or easily load into the back of a ute or vehicle for pick up.
What's in the Pack?
- All doors and panels
- Nuts, bolts and washers for assembly
- Moving trolley parts and wheels
- 2 x adjustable roosting bars
- 1 x Food-grade and mite-proof silicon nesting box
- All required tools and safety equipment
Simple 8-step, bolt-together assembly takes around 60 minutes (instructions included, or view here).
- Flat Pack - 930mm (length) x 910mm (width) x 360mm (height)
- Assembled (exterior) - 2750mm (length) x 900mm (width) x 920mm (height)
- Weight: 70kg (+10kg when in flat-pack with skid and frame)
Padbolted front door allows chickens to move in and out of the tractor during the day and be locked in at night.
Both doors use heavy-duty spring-bolt padbolts.
Rear Access Door and Adjustable Roosting Frame
Access the roosting area (and eggs!) via the padbolted rear door.
Adjustable roosting frame allows for various sizes of roosting box (1 x mite-proof silicon nesting box included).
Lever the side wheels down and engage the trolley (supplied) to move your chicken tractor to a new patch of grass.
Welded Hinges and Fittings
Heavy duty, grease-able, 10mm welded barrel hinges prevent seizing and doors dropping over time.
- Colorbond sheeting to exterior of rear enclosed section and roof
- Galvanised channel edge mesh fixing (extra-strong with no sharp edges)
Weather Shield Also Available
Optional canvas weather shield protects your chickens from the elements.
What is a Chicken Tractor?
Chicken Tractors are mobile chicken coops, with built in wheels to allow them to be moved from location to location.
While locked in their coop to keep them safe from preditors, your chickens will eat the grass and leave their waste. Moving your tractor to another location provides a fresh patch of yard for your chickens and allows the previous location to regenerate - with the benefit of all that chicken manure!
Simply lever down the wheels on the side of your Aussie Chicken Coop and engage the supplied trolley then drag your chicken tractor to its new home.
What Tools do I Need for Assembly and How Long Will it Take?
The Aussie Chicken Tractor comes with all tools and safety equipment required for assembly, you won't need anything else!
Assembly generally takes around an hour.
How do I get to the Eggs?
Your chicken tractor has a padbolted rear door to allow access to the roosting area and eggs.
Can I Move my Chicken Tractor with the Chickens Still Inside?
We don't recommend doing so. When the wheels are lowered ready for moving, your chicken tractor will sit up off the ground and chickens can easily get caught or pinched beneath the frame.
Opening the front door and letting your chickens run through the day provides a perfect opportunity to move your coop to a new location without danger of injuring your flock.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.